Thank you so much for your interest in publishing with She Writes Press. Please fill out the blank fields below, and follow the guidelines for submitting your attachment.
Formatting specifications include:
- Common font (Times; Times New Roman; Georgia)
- 12-point font size
- Page numbers included
- Please label your file: LAST NAME_SUBMISSION.docx
- At this point in the process, please do not send your entire manuscript
Please upload a Word file or a PDF file of your first 20 pages. At this point in the process, please do not send your entire manuscript. We welcome your biography and a summary of your work as well.
We charge a $35 submission fee in order to assess whether or not your work is ready for publication. For this fee you will get a one-page assessment of your work, and we will place you on one of our three tracks, indicating how publish-ready we think your work is based on your submission. This is part of SWP’s vetting process, which we strongly believe will ensure the quality of your project and our ongoing list.
Before moving forward, please make sure you qualify for this program.
WHO CAN ENTER: One entry per person. Open to the U.S. & Canada (void where prohibited). Entries for the STEP program will be accepted from January 1, 2018 to May 1, 2018. Entrants must satisfy all the following requirements:
- anyone over the age of eighteen
- women only (trans/non-binary or genderqueer women welcome!)
- woman of color (by which we mean people whose heritage is African, Indigenous to the Americas, Latinx, Asian/Pacific Islander, Arab, or people of mixed racial heritage with one or two parents who fit into the above groups).
- agented or unagented work qualifies
If you meet the criteria, please fill out all the fields below, and submit via Word or PDF attachment either:
• the first two chapters of your manuscript
• a full nonfiction book proposal (that includes sample chapters)
Thank you and good luck!